my last post! That's what happens when you take back to back vacations and then try to catch up with "normal" life. Though life isn't really all that "normal" when you're adopting!
I updated a few of the pages on our blog: Adoption and The Cost. I wanted readers to know our feelings about adoption and why we chose international adoption, and I felt that there would probably be questions about the costs and well, why is it so expensive? I hope these pages answered some questions.
On the adoption front, the exciting news is that we had our last home study visit with the social worker yesterday! It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders though we still have a long way to go. It feels like progress and I think our social worker understands the urgency of our timing. I'm hoping it will be written and finalized in record speed. She told us she thought at the very latest, the whole entire writing, revising, and finalizing process will take about a month. I'm okay with that, but I hope it's sooner!
We've started working on the documents needed for our registration dossier. This is the paperwork that will be translated and submitted to the authorities in Hadley's home country. Once this is officially submitted, we will receive our official referral and dates to travel for our first trip. Most of the documents are simple to fill out but then (like everything) will need to be notarized and apostilled. The biggest part of the registration dossier is the home study, but we want to have all the other documents ready to go so when the home study is done we can send every thing off. Once I have the the registration documents finished, I'm going to start working on the court documents. My plan is to get as much paperwork done as possible now, so hopefully we won't be rushing around to get it finished at some later date.
One of the reasons that I'm trying to get everything done is because I might be starting a temporary part-time job giving seasonal flu shots. I'm an RN, though I'm not currently employed as one. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to bring in some extra money since this adoption will be very expensive. My education and this adoption will be fighting it out on which one will be more expensive! I'm hoping the student loans win! I've also been thinking about becoming a notary and starting my own notary business...still researching that. My dad is an entrepreneur and I think I inherited the gene "always keeping my eye out for a way to make money".
Justin and I have gone back and forth about the idea of "fundraising" for our adoption. I see all these fellow RR adoptive parents fundraising and I think it's amazing. Everyone is so creative and good at planning events. I'm not really either one of those. But, we will probably try something...Many people have expressed a desire to help us and so I think we will look at it as a way to thank everyone. Because I really can't think of a better gift than to try to help a family save a child's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment