Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Home study draft done, thanks, and 3 years!

I've been waiting to write a new post because I was hoping there would be some news on the adoption front! There is, but first I would like to thank everyone for the donations we have received! We truly appreciate it! I'm crunching some numbers and trying to figure out how much everything is really going to cost. It's very difficult because the travel costs are so variable depending on the time of year. And we might be able to use some frequent flier miles I've accumulated for at least part of our flying. But, that will depend on how far in advance we get our travel dates. It looks like we will be doing most of our travel in the winter months. This will be very interesting because I'm not a cold weather person. Snow and I don't get along except for when I'm inside looking outside noticing how pretty it looks. I don't even have a really warm jacket. Hmmm....this will be interesting. The upside of snow and freezing cold is that nobody travels to Eastern Europe during this time! This means cheaper airfare, yay!

So, we finally got our home study draft back from our social worker. The social worker had to send it to the main office and then they go over it to make sure everything complies with the State of CA and then we read it over to verify that everything is correct. Then it is sent to our child placing agency and they read it over and then it travels by email across the ocean and the facilitator in Eastern Europe reads it to make sure it says what it should say according to their standards, and then it goes back to our CA agency for finalization. Yes, there are a lot of people reading this! Hopefully it will be as perfect as possible when it is done.

The reason the home study is so important is because it is the document that approves us adopt a child. Once it's finalized we can get it apostilled along with all our other notarized dossier documents and send it all overseas. This will allow us to receive our child referral and our date to travel!

The last thing I would like to say is Happy 3rd Anniversary to us! Justin and I talk about everything we've been through in our 3 short years of marriage and we can't believe it's only been 3 years! But, like I said on my Facebook post. Having a wonderful partner in life is truly a blessing. And we are very blessed.

What a great day! September 12, 2009, Edgewood Golf Course, South Lake Tahoe, Nevada


No comments:

Post a Comment