Monday, April 29, 2013

Thanks and other topics


This post is a big thank you to everyone who supported us financially and emotionally during our adoption journey. Our journey didn't end the way we had planned. Though Hadley is still waiting in an orphanage and we didn't get bring her home to her family, the journey and story are not over. If we are ever allowed to adopt her, we will. If we cannot, we will adopt another waiting child.

We wanted to let everyone know where your money is waiting while we wait to determine the best time to embark on another adoption journey. If you donated to us through Reece's Rainbow, it is being held in an account for our family to use at some point in the future. If you donated directly to us, it is being held in our personal savings account, earmarked for a future adoption.

We remain committed to adopting a waiting child. Our eyes have been opened to the thousands of children waiting for a family, and we won't turn our backs on these kids. If you want to see some of these beautiful children visit:
You might find the child or children who are waiting for you! And there are kids waiting in the U.S. foster care system too, so don't let money or distance discourage you from adopting, if you feel that this is your calling.

And now we move on to the other topics section of the post. I decided to do a redesign of our blog. Since, our adoption is on hold for now, I thought I would remove the adoption stuff and go for a redesign. So, that's why the blog looks different. I have no idea what this blog will become, but I'm sure it will evolve over time to tell the story of our family.

Thanks to everyone for your support and for reading this blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment